Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Host by Stephanie Meyer (Summer reading post)

Don't judge me...cause honestly it was good. The Host by Stephanie Meyer was my kind of Sci-fi book. I read some of the books in the Uglies series and loved it, but the raw futurist feel of the book just created a blur between me and the characters. In The Host, that blur wasn't there because the book focused more on the feelings of the characters, not what they were doing. It takes a gifted (>_<) author to get you to even like the bad guys, Stephanie Meyer was one of them. She doesn't come off as the usual writer, it's not her job, and yet she created likeable, hateable characters like real life people. Melanie, Wanda, Ian (aka Cosmo), Jamie (aka poochie), Jared and the gang really liven up the plot. My only complaint is that The Host was really similair to the Twilight series, but I doubt it being too bad. My rating 7/10, very good it can stand on it's own against other elite books, good job Mrs. Meyer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I read that book as well. The book itself was more interesting that Twilight! Well that’s what I think because The Host captures the reader and Stephanie creates middle full of surprise. The book was little bit confusing in the beginning but as you read along it gets clearer. The book was a little hard to understand- I think this book was more for adults than teenagers- but over all it was exciting, didn't you Nida? I have to agree with you when you said that the book was similar to Twilight, but I think that’s what it made it fun to read for me. I’m not really interested in Sci-fi but this was an exception.

    ReplyDelete