This book was such an eye-opener, even though it was on the easier side compared to many of the other books I've read, it was so captivating and it felt like I was watching a movie. Give a Boy A Gun is the true story of a school shooting, complete with interviews with friends and classmates of the two boys who did it. It was so identical to Zero Hour, the documentary based on Columbine. The story specifically really told not just the boys' stories, but their classmates also. This book had really told the very real truth about school violence and just hate in general and how reaching a state where you're willing to die to have vengeance is a long, painful process and how even the innocent children we know can become cold and angry. I really empathized with the shooters and their friends, not very common seeing as I had always believed you had to be the bad one to hurt other people, but I learned that the boys went through more pain then imagined. The book really questioned human nature, is it good or bad? How far do you have to push someone to get them bloodthirsty, and do you even have to do anything to get caught up in it? Lastly, one of the best things about this book is that you learn that no one was the bad guy, just like no one was the good guy-except for the girl who saved them in the end-everyone just did what they thought was right of them, even if it did lead to some heinous consequences.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment