This book was actually quite amazing, even memoirs that were just two pages held much emotion and many were those I could empathize. There were specifically many great poems, especially one called "Being a Friend" by Rosie Olseda that I really thought excelled in expressing friendship. Unlike most of the stories and poems so far, this one actually had some some happiness in it along with the sad like when it said "Life's challenges cause you dismay./The world forgets you./A friend gives you love." Memoirs and personal poems usually hold a certain aspect that is lost in fiction, and that's real character. It's not about always being the good guy or the bad one, and like many of the writers in Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: The Real Deal, they changed dramatically because of the people in their lives. There were also other great poems that involved romance and heartbreak, like an especially good one titled "I Called You My Best Friend" which is a poem about a girl losing her best friend when he confesses his true feelings to her and she rejects him. It ended with this amazing statement, "I will never know/What you were to me./You made me wonder/What my mind was really thinking,/What my heart wanted to say/When I gave you my hand/And held yours tight." This book really was phenomenal since you got to read about so many different people in life situations and what they learned, this book is more on the romantic, cheesy side, so action-thriller fans might not go for it. I though, give it a 10/10 for the great stories and poems.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment