Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

While reading the book, I often had to reread sections since there were so many complex sentences, only a few scenes actually stuck to me immediately. One of them being when Mrs. John Dashwood tries to pursue her husband not to help is mother and sisters even though it was his late father's wish. His revolution crumbled pretty easily, maybe he really didn't wanted to give any money to his mother and sisters, like he wanted to keep the money for his family. His mother, Mrs. Dashwood and his sister Elinor also noticed the daughter-in-law's rudeness and promply moved far away from bother Mr and Mrs. John Dashwood. It's kind of said though, I mean, the brother, mother and sister are family, and this mean lady is trying to be greedy. Jane Austen is a really good writer, her P.O.V. helped look into all the characters' complex personalities, no wonder she's such a famous writer. So far, I give this book a 8/10, 2 points off since it is a little hard for me to read.

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds really interesting. What kind of reader do you think would like this book because it sounds to me like this book is a tragedy? So what is the end of the book like the family run away or is it just the beginning of their problem? Jane Austen is the writer of pride and prejudice right? I read some of her book and it was good. I think I will read this one.

    ReplyDelete