Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn By Betty Smith (post 5)

Oh, haha, I'm in a a stage of oh-my-goodness-this-is-so-funny-but-so-sad-also. Sissy, the heroine Francie's aunt, is by far the strangest, most audacious comic relief I have seen in this story. There are a lot of light hearted characters in the story, but Sissy takes the prise for most cotrversial. >_<"" Sissy is the oldest of the Rommely sisters that consistsed of Her, Evy, "Sister Irsula" and Katie who is Francie's mother. Sissy was the wild, hormone-driven sister who was constantly going against her parents' wishes-her parents consist of an angel and a demon- which mostly included chasing after boys and commiting a sense of bigamy. All the sisters, except for Sister Irsula whose mother sent her to a convent with she was young- lived with brash spirits and pretty useless men (my opinion). Sissy is one wild child, the way she's running somewhere. I give this passage a 10/10, flawless, so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment